The Finance Department is the custodian of Council fund. Its objective is to receive, record, disburse financial resources to Council’s advantage and in accordance with legal provisions.
This department is headed by the Executive Officer Finance and duly supported by the Assistant Executive Officer Finance and Finance Department Staff.
DEPARTMENT`S CORE FUNCTIONS
The department’s core functions are:
- Main accounts, i.e. budgets/ control, financial statements, contract management
- Housing, i.e. loans management, rents and charges
- Revenue, i.e. Rates, consumer charges, miscellaneous charges
Finance and Administration
- Finance, i.e. funds flow, investments, risk management
- Stores, i.e. procurement, storage, issues
- Information systems management, i.e. systems development, hard ware and software support, report processing.
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE OFFICER FINANCE
SENIOR ACCOUNTS CLERK