VACANCY: GRADUATE TRAINEE: FINANCE
An opportunity has arisen for recent graduates to gain valuable insights, practical knowledge and professional experience in an exciting and dynamic environment. Marondera Rural District Council is looking for Finance Department Graduate Trainee.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This is an internship for unemployed graduates who require work experience to become more marketable. The position allows the incumbent to gain relevant work experience in the Finance Department of Council.
- Posting of month end journals
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Undertake payroll related activities, including preparation, reconciliations and statutory payments
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports
- Preparation of management reports
- Assist/Involvement on preparation of annual consolidated budget
- Assist/Involvement on preparation of year-end financial statements in accordance with IFRS and IPSAS
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Degree in Accounting/CIS part C/ACCA Fundamental skills level
- Knowledge of IFRSs , IASs and budgeting preparation
- Knowledge of pastel evolution accounting system
- Good knowledge of excel, word and outlook email package
- Good written, numerical and oral communication skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Excellent attention to detail/Accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work as individual and as a member of a team
Interested candidates should submit detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of their qualifications to the above address in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Graduate Trainee: Finance Department” CLOSING DATE 21 JUNE 2019.